Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Long Brutal Wait Is Almost Over!

In about a month, Pitchers and Catchers will report to Spring Training. The first teams have players arrive on February 18th and the last on February 22nd. The worst portion of the year is almost over, the baseball off-season. The torture is almost over baseball will soon be back, We only have to wait 76 more days until Opening day.

As a baseball fan, I am eagerly waiting opening day so i can watch my favorite sport and my favorite tem, the Mets, again. Also as a Met fan, I hope for the best but I am expecting the worst. The Mets now play in one of if not the toughest division in baseball. The Mets have had a less than stellar off-season. The Mets lost the defending batting champion, Jose Reyes, the spark-plug of the Mets offense. Their acquisitions have not been too impressive either. Many fans (including myself) are calling for the Wilpons to sell the franchise. This will not be a fun year to be Met fan, this year will be filled with low attendance and losses. The one advantage to this is tickets on StubHub will be going for dirt cheap.

Here is the Mets projected opening day lineup:

1. Torres CF
2. Murphy 2B
3. Wright 3B
4. Davis 1B
5. Bay LF
6. Duda RF
7. Thole C
8. Tejada SS
9. Pitcher

The Pitching rotation should look something like:

1. Santana
2. Dickey
3. Neise
4. Pelfrey
5. Gee

This a disappointing team the bench and bullpen still need working out. Definitive players on the bench would be Turner and Satin. Notable relivers include Parnell, Rauch, Acosta, Byrdak, Beato, and Corrasco. It will be a long year for Mets fans, but it does not matter to me. After losing Reyes, I already declared this year a loss for the Mets, I am already looking forward to 2014. Hopefully by then names like Cory Vaughn, Reese Havens, Wilmer Flores, Matt Harvey, etc. will be in the mix and putting up big numbers in Queens. As a baseball fan first, I just want to be able to watch baseball again. Unfortunately, I find it very hard to believe the Mets will finish any better than last in the NL East.

My projected NL east final standings:

1. Philadelphia Phillies 
2. Miami Marlins (WC)
3. Atlanta Braves
4. Washington Nationals
5. New York Mets

It will be a miserable season for the Mets, but I still anxiously await Opening Day, I really miss baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment